menuclose
Magòria dwellings in Barcelona

175 dwellings building in Can Batlló-Magòria, Barcelona.

Habitatges Magòria a Barcelona
Habitatges Magòria a Barcelona

Magòria dwellings in Barcelona

Authors

Batlleiroig Arquitectura. Enric Batlle Durany, Joan Roig i Duran, Albert Gil Margalef, Teresa Marzo – Architect

Team

Helena Salvadó Giné, Marta Gil Margalef, David Sesé López – Architect / Maria Duran – Architect and BIM Manager

Promoter

Vía Célere

Location

Construction company

Vía Célere

Project status

Built

Start date

2014

Finish date

2018

Total area

32.191,71 m2
© Antonio Navarro Wijkmark
© Antonio Navarro Wijkmark

Magòria dwellings

The project is made up of three towers of heights between PB + 12 and PB + 14 perpendicular to Gran Vía, with a common base, which create a volume with maximum visual permeability between the Bordeta neighborhood and Gran Vía. minimizing the continuous fronts on the first floor and maintaining adequate bays in the blocks for housing use. This project is made up of 175 homes and 3 basement floors. The last three floors of the towers are reducing their floor occupation, giving rise to penthouses, with generous terraces and great views of the city.

The ground floor occupies 80% of the plot, allocating the remaining 20% ​​to the expansion of public spaces to achieve an important communication for pedestrians between the Gran Vía and the rear park. Access to the houses is from the back, from the park, where a linear porch is located that expands the planned public spaces. The basement on the ground floor resolves the existing unevenness (about 3 meters) between Gran Vía and the rear park. From the first floor you can access the roof of the plinth, which is used as a communal area of ​​the houses with a swimming pool, children’s area and gym.

We design a sober and elegant façade, with good thermal and acoustic behavior. That is why we opted for a ventilated façade that combines two ceramic pieces, a smooth one that generates stripes in the slab areas combined with a striated piece that runs through the stripes that are generated between them and the sections in which the voids and terraces are located. . The project includes an improvement in the insulation of facades and roofs, carpentry and the use of low-emission glass. The air conditioning and DHW production system with aerothermal energy and the ventilation of the houses with double flow are incorporated. All the houses have good orientations and 4 of the houses on each floor have cross ventilation. The building has obtained the Energy Rating A.

© Antonio Navarro Wijkmark