The complex is made up by three towers with heights between ground floor+12 and ground floor+14, placed perpendicular to Gran Vía. They sit on a shared plinth that allows views between La Bordeta district and Gran Vía, reducing the impact of a continuous facade in the upper levels and keeping a span appropriate for housing. This complex is made up by 175 dwellings and 3 underground levels. The last three floors of the towers reduce their occupation, giving rise to attics, with generous terraces and great views of the city.
The ground floor uses 80% of the plot’s surface, allocating the remaining 20% to enlarge public space accomplishing an important pedestrian link between Gran Vía and the park within. Dwellings are accessed through this park, where a longitudinal porch serves as extension for the planned public spaces. The ground floor plinth solves the existing three meter gap between Gran Vía and the park.
From the first floor you can access the roof of the plinth, which is used as a communal area of the houses with swimming pool, playground and gym.
We seek a somber and elegant elevation, with a good thermal and acoustic behavior, thus deciding on a ventilated facade combining two ceramic pieces, a smooth one generating fringes at the slab level combined with a grooved surface piece between slabs and the sections with openings and terraces.
The thorough insulation of the roofs, window frames, and low emission glass have been specific conditions on this project. We have also included aerothermal systems and double flux ventilation for the dwellings. All houses are well oriented and 4 houses in each floor have cross ventilation.
The project has obtained an A Energy Qualification.
AUTHORS BATLLE I ROIG ARQUITECTURA: ENRIC BATLLE, JOAN ROIG – ARQUITECTES / TERESA MARZO – ARQUITECTA
COLLABORATORS MARIA DURAN – BIM MANAGER / HELENA SALVADÓ, MARTA GIL– ARQUITECTES